- Hits: 4835
Vessel Registration Process
REGISTRATION PROCESS IS EASY AND EFFECTIVE
MISR is an open Registry accepting any Ship Owner worldwide and various type of vessels that meet the Federated States of Micronesia standards in accordance with “National Maritime Act 1997”and as amended. The registration procedure is an easy and straight forward procedure in accordance with national and international standards. The registration procedure for vessels aims to safeguard the interest of the ship owners as well as buyers. It meets all requirements of national and international organizations.
To Register vessels of any type and to conduct registration of newbuilding ships and transferring of existing vessels from other flag Administrations.
Requirements for Provisional Registration
The following documentation should be submitted for the Provisional Registration of ships under FSM Flag. Upon satisfactory completion of the Provisional Registration process, the vessel will be issued with a Provisional Certificate of Registry, Provisional Ship Station License and Provisional Minimum Safe Manning Certificate. All the Provisional Certificates issued to a vessel have validity of six (6) months. The Provisional Registration of vessels can be conducted through our Registration Offices available to assist and guide the Ship Owners into the Registration Procedure.
- Copy of Bill of Sale duly Notarized
- Copy of Builder’s Certificate (for New Build vessel)
- Copy of Court Decision, in case the vessel was bought by auction court order.
- Application for Registration (SRA01) - Note: If the application is not applied by the owner, the owner should provide an Authorization Letter to the person who applied on behalf of the owner stating the relationship of the authorized person).
- Incorporation Documents– For applications by a company.
- Copy of Passport - For applications by Individuals.
- Copy of previous International Tonnage Certificate.
- Copy of Previous Registration Certificates
- Copy of RAA Confirmation Letter
- RO confirmation letter. MISR has a standard format of the RO letter which shall be submitted (ROCL01)
- Copy of Previous Class and Survey Status (If Available).
- Acceptance of Quote
- Declaration for Company (DC01) & KYC Form (KYCF01
Requirements for Permanent Registration
The following Documentation should be submitted within 90 days from the date of first Provisional Registration for the Permanent Registration of ships under FSM flag and the issuance of Permanent Certificates. The validity of Permanent Certificates under Federated States of Micronesia is five (5) years counted from the date of 1st Provisional Certificate.
- Original notarized or certified true copy of the Original Notarized Bill of Sale (showing the transfer of ownership) or original notarized Builder’s Certificate.
- Original Deletion Certificate from the previous registry.
- Copy of Deletion CSR - if applicable
- Original Application Form (SR01) duly signed by owner or applicant who is authorized by the owner. Note* If the application was not applied by the owner, the owner should provide an Authorization Letter to the person who applied on behalf of the owner stating the relationship of the authorized person.
- Copies of valid Statutory and Class Certificates issued on behalf of FSM by a MISR-FSM Recognized Organization (including ISM, ISPS if applicable)
- Updated Crew list and copies of MISR COEs including the certificate of Endorsement for the Special Certificate for passengers and tankers.
- Radio Equipment Details (RAA01) - Equipment Description and Frequencies, if applicable.
- Copy of LRIT Certificate Conformance Report.
- Copy of valid BCC for Vessels from 1000 GT and above
- Copy of CLC for Oil Tankers and for Ships that carry 2000 Tons of oil in Bulk
- Copy of DMLC